Placing a Greyhound with GAP
INFORMATION FOR THOSE APPLYING TO ENTER GREYHOUNDS INTO GAP
As of February 1st all greyhounds must be microchipped prior to registration, transfer of ownership or sale.
The easiest way to ensure compliance with R106, whilst simultaneously helping to improve the image of Greyhound Racing in Queensland is to place your dog in the GAP. In the South East corner at least, waiting times to enter the program are relatively short approximately 12 weeks, however we do ask that you allow the dog to settle for at least 2 – 3 months post racing, this will give your greyhound a better chance of success during the assessment process.
It is NOT a pre requsite for greyhounds to be cat freindly but it certainly does help!
We will accept any greyhound:
- Dogs that haven’t broken in well for a variety of reasons or are just too slow
- Retiring race dogs
we do not have an age limit however the dog does need to be in good health and non aggressive
What you will need to do prior to dropping off your Greyhound to GAP:
- You will need a C5 Vaccination or booster ( current certificate must be handed at time of entry )
- Your Greyhound will need to be microchipped and certificate produced on the day of entry into the GAP
- Wormed ( date of last worming and wormer used )
- Flea treated ( date treatment given and which treatment used )
- Entry fee of $55 to paid on the day of entry
- Transfer of ownership form ( if you have been unable to print this from this site we can complete this on the day )
- R106 retirment notification form ( this can be completed on the day)
- If you are not the registered owner you will need to have the Authority Form completed by the owner, This form gives you authority to transfer the greyhound to GAP. ( this form needs to be completed by the owner prior to the dog coming in )
All forms required can be found on this site below with the application to enter a greyhound.
You have adopted a Greyhound and are no longer able to keep your Greyhound:.
If you have adopted a greyhound and for unavoidable reasons are not in a position to keep your Greyhound we ask that you please try and rehome your greyhound yourself before contacting GAP. We do not always have places available to take in greyhounds that have already been adopted.
If you are still unable to rehome your grey we will endeavour to take him/her back onto the program as soon as possible.
There is a $100.00 surrender fee to place your dog with GAP.
Your dog will need to have a clean bill of health from your vet, and must have an up todate C5 Vaccination (certificate to be produced on entry to GAP) Your grey may also need a dental (scale and clean of their teeth) If your dog has not had a dental in the last 12 months and it is deemed by your vet that one is needed we can organise for it to be done at your expense)
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact Gail or Bronwen.
If your dog is still racing, then please fill in the application form and post or email it to GAP. email@example.com If your dog is no longer racing then you can either fill in an application form and send it to GAP or call Gail on 0427637481 or Bronwen on 0408451208 during normal office hours and we will fill
in a form on your behalf.